Episode 122: China's data lifts uncertainty (but only slighty)
March 07, 2023
Kirsten Longbottom & Cameron Brandt
- Optimism about the duration of the current US tightening cycle has ebbed. The revised assumptions are worked in favor of short-term US treasury funds while investors move away from high yield bond funds.
- Activity at the sector level highlights some of the subplots as overall flows favor China over US Equity Funds.
- During bouts of uncertainty last year and into this year, we've been surprised by the absence of flows into precious metals funds, what happened to Silver and Gold this week?
- What puzzling dynamic are we seeing in GEM Fund manager allocation data?
- Are Brazil Equity Funds finally benefiting from the search for non-Russian commodity supplies?