Ep. 121: The law of unintended consequences
February 22, 2023
Kirsten Longbottom & Cameron Brandt
Here’s what Cam and Kirsten reflected on:
- Very few people doubt that China will have an economic rebound later this year, but how soon and deep is up for debate.
- Sino-US tensions… What does the growth profile look like for China if it is disengaged from the US?
- Pullback on both sides - Biden administration seemingly more comfortable with less globalization
- How did that play into flows for Commodities and Energy Sector Funds?
- Earnings reports for the fourth quarter of last year dampen investor outlooks.
- EPFR tracks Volatility Funds?
- Russia-Ukraine conflict nears its one-year anniversary: what does that mean for manufacturing, defense, greening & ESG, energy, etc?